This is a legacy site. It exists here only as a historic artifact. It should not be considered state of the art
In this section you will have access to a number of lessons related to the development of web sites. You will note that the various lessons do not have a consistent visual theme and layout. That is because in many cases it is necessary to build new knowledge is a systematic manner. So for example, it would be hard to learn the basics of Cascading Style Sheets if the page we are using to demonstrate the concepts have responsive design techniques applied.
Internet Basics - This learning module is foundational information about how the World Wide Web Works. Includes glossary of essential terms.
User-Centered Design - A philosophy and approach to design that places the user and their needs as the center of the process.
CSS - Cascading Style Sheets - Understanding the Cascade
- Introduction to Styles and Cascading Style Sheets - This site supports the exercises demonstrated in the video series on combining CSS with HTML to control the way the page is presented in the browser. This is a 15 Video Series recorded in 9-2015. Download the .pdf file that goes along with this lesson
- Understanding CSS - The basics of how the cascade works
- Default Stylsheet - What the browsers give you naturally
- Reset Stylesheet - Using stylesheets to clear the default values so you can start with a clean presentation
- Designer Developed Browser Presentation using external stylesheets
- Embedded or internal styles
- Compound selectors